Vigor in Lords of the Fallen (LotF) is the term used for the player's EXP and currency for purchasing items and equipment from Merchants. Upon dying for the first time, players will have a second chance to reassess their strategy or continue fighting their target, but dying for the second time will cause the player to drop any vigor in possession before respawning at the last used Vestige or Seedling. It is important to note that Vigor will be lost forever if the player dies again before reclaiming the vigor.
- Please visit the Stats and Status Effects pages to learn more about the different attributes and ailments.
- For an in-depth guide to character leveling and other upgrades for equipment, you can visit the Upgrades page.
Lords of the Fallen Vigor Guide
How to Obtain Vigor in Lords of the Fallen
Enemies in Lords of the Fallen (LotF) are the primary source of obtaining Vigor. Successfully defeating an enemy rewards the player with vigor, alongside some items or equipment. Defeating Bosses also yields Vigor.
If a player is exploring while in the Umbral realm, a multiplier is activated that increases the number of Vigor that a player acquires from defeating an enemy. This can be identified by looking at the number on the right hand of the screen. When players enter the Umbral realm, the multiplier changes from x1.00 to x1.10 (even higher) — if a player stays longer, Umbral Dread starts to build up, and so will the multiplier.
How to Collect Lost Vigor in Lords of the Fallen
Lords of the Fallen (LotF) features a unique mechanic when a player dies. If you die for the first time, your avatar is given a second life but only this time, you will be in the Umbral realm. But dying for the second time around will cause you to drop your Vigor and you'll respawn at the last Vestige or Seedling you've used. To collect the lost Vigor, players will need to do the following:
- In some cases, the enemy that kills the player will pick up that vigor and the player must kill it to acquire the lost vigor.
- On the other hand, just like any Souls-like game, Vigor drops at the site of the player's death. Players will have to return to that spot to find the lost Vigor and collect it.
- If a player dies during a boss battle, the Vigor drops at the boss arena. Players can collect the Vigor in the boss's area, but they will need to defeat the boss to progress further into the location or the story.
Lords of the Fallen Beginners Guide
Where to Use Vigor in Lords of the Fallen
The common way of using Vigor is to level up the player's character which increases their stats. By doing so, players can freely choose which stat they want to improve and this can be done when using a Vestige or Seedling. Vigor can be reallocated through Respec, this can be done by purchasing the Rebirth Chrysalis from Molhu and then speaking to Pieta who are both at Skyrest Bridge.
And finally, Vigor is the primary currency used to purchase Items and various equipment such as Weapons, Armor, Shields, Accessories, Magic, and more from the different Merchants available in Lords of the Fallen (LotF). We highly recommend that players always check in with Merchants whenever they give a quest item or if they find them in different locations to view new items that are added to their shop.
All Vigor-Related Items in Lords of the Fallen
|Grants 200 vigor.
|Grants 400 vigor.
|Grants 800 vigor.
|Grants 1600 vigor.
|Grants 3200 vigor.
|Used to prevent loss of Vigor upon death.
|Use to travel to the most recently used Vestige in exchange for a sacrifice of Vigor.
An agility rune which increases vigor gain (+10%) when used in a Weapon slot.
A Ring which increases vigor gain. (+10%).